Tuesday, April 24, 2007

MONKEY SWAP DEUX QUESTIONNAIRE

Monkey Sock Swap TWO Questionnaire
The basics:How long have you been knitting?
About 40 years, give or take
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

Absolutely in my sleep, actually that was how I learned two handed stranding, I had been knitting, fell asleep and when I awoke I was seeing my left hand actively taking part in the color stranding...
The measurements:
Shoe Size:

6.5-7.5 USA
Foot circumference:
9 inches
Foot length:

9-9.25 inches
Yarn Preferences:

What colors do you love?
Oh boy, green,(I got loverly green socks from my Monkey Pal last time, so I will also say purple
Do you prefer solids or variegated?

Either/both
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn?

Superwash wool, cotton blend, please not 100% acrylic
What colors would you never wear?

I would wear all colors, especially in socks, not very fond of pastels in large quantities
Knitting Gadgets

Favorite needles. Plastic, metal, bamboo or wood?
I adore the Knitpicks metal DPN (always use more 0s or 1s),I am knitting with bamboo in size 1 now for a sample sock and though they bend they crack me up, I adore retro plastic needles
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?

Let's see, I got what I wanted from my cool Pal Trish...hmmmm....(she sent the cutest black sheep tape measure AND my sought after safety pin style st markers)
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US?

I'm a friendly sort with a passport, either
Do you have any allergies?

I do not, but DS has many most importantly nuts, rubber

No comments: