Here it is....THE QUESTIONAIRE....its long and involved. Take your time, cut and paste it with your answers, on your blog on or before March 4th, please! The better your answers are to the questions, the easier it is for your pal to send you a great box. It is the best way for your pal to get to know you in the short time before that first box arrived on your doorstep - April 1st....
1. How long have you been knitting/crocheting/spinning?
I have been knitting/crafting for 40 years. I don't spin yet
2. Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice or experienced yarn artist?
I am at an advanced level
3. What fibers (materials) have you knit/crochet with?
I am not fond of 100% acrylic, mixes are fine, I seem to be using wool lately
4. What are your favorite yarns?
Noro, Berocco Ultra Alpaca, Cascade 220
5. What fibers are you dying to try?
DH just gifted me with some Kilkarra Donegal Tweed straight from Ireland, I am very excited about it
6. Do you prefer solid, self striping, or handpainted yarns?
7. What fibers do you dislike?
8. What are your favorite colors?
9. What are your least favorite colors?
pinks and pastels
10. How did you learn to knit/crochet/spin?
Self taught with some help from books
11. What projects are you currently working on?
Too many to note, just look at KALs>>>>>>
12. How old is your oldest UFO? What is it? Will it ever be finished?
This is second time today I have answered this and yes now it will be definitely get finished. 5.5 yrs ago on honeymoon started a crocheted(acrylic)pansy afghan
13. What is the most heartbreaking project that you ever frogged?
The first time I found out we were pregnant(DH and I)I started a sweater, after 4 losses I frogged some of the pieces
14. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
15. Do you own a swift and/or a winder?
Yes as of last week
16. Where do you keep your needles?
In a tall basket and ziploc bags
17. Do you enjoy helpful hints about your knitting or does it just piss you off?
Hmmmm...I am not sure, guess it depends who is making them
18. What techniques are you still a virgin in (lace, cables, ect.) and are you interested in trying them?
Socks on circular needles, but I am going to try it this week
19. What knitting magazines do you subscribe to?
20. Are there any books, needles, yarn, patterns that you are dying to get your hands on?
I am sure there are, but right now my list is pretty well taken care of
21. Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are your feet?
Well of course, I run from a 6.5-7.5
22. Do you have a wish list?
In my head
23. What are your non-knitting, crochet, spinning hobbies?
trying to get back to running....skiing, cycling,antiquing
24. How do you feel about sports?
25. What is your favorite season? Least favorite season? Why?
Winter is favorite, I like to be cozy, summer is least favorite, I think it is the excess of unneccessary nudity
26. What is your favorite holiday?
27. Do you like handmade gifts?
28. Do you wear jewelry that isn't real?
Costume? Sure...I am fortunate to have a lot of "real" but love silver and there is a lot of beautiful not real out there
29. What are your favorite foods? Scents that you love?
Hmmm...I really like chicken, omelttes, not red meat very often...I seem to be into cookie and baking scents
30. What is your family situation? Do you live alone?
I am happily married for 5.5 years to a wonderful guy, we have two sons 17 and 22 and are blessed with "daughter" dating older son.
31. Do you have any pets?
No pets, younger DS has some fish
32. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3's?
Hmm..I like Celtic alternative, folk and AFI(thanks to younger DS)
33. What are your favorite movies? TV shows? Actors?
I don't really have favorite actors, not into that..I don't like stupid comedy
34. What do you collect?
35. What do you do in real life -- besides knit and blog?
Work a lot, travel whenever possible..try to enjoy family
36. When is your birthday? Is it a national holiday or just another day?
It is just another day in february(16)...I like to make the boys' bdays big deals and they all try to reciprocate
37. Do you have any allergies, medical conditions or disorders that your pal should be aware of (ie. diabetes, food/pet allergies, ect.)?
I don't like smoke or pet smells...my DS is allergic to latex,rubber
38. Are there any scents, phobias, or sensory thing (ie, the way certain objects feel) that your pal should be aware of?
No nutty smells please, DS is allergic
39. What is the most difficult thing that you have ever knit/crochet?
DH is 6'6" and wore a kilt for our wedding, he wears a 16eeee shoe and I knit his kilt hose.
40. What is your personal style? Is there a time period/fashion movement that you take your cues from?
I am all over the place, punk, victorian, folk, bohemian, classic
41. Anything else that you would like to say?
Thank you for organizing this and letting me participate