Sunday, February 25, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

The Questionnaire For Secret Pal 10
Here are is the questionnaire for SP10. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than the last day of February.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am using a lot of wool lately, I have fallen in love with NORO and just used CASCADE for the first time for the DOT bag.....I am not fond of 100% acrylic although a mix is terrific for children, afghans..
2.What do you use to store your needles in
I have a tall Peterboro basket and ziploc bags

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for 40 years, I learned on my own after an aunt kept buying me the little knitting kits....I am an advanced knitter...I am hoping to persue my masters certificate this year

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Sometimes

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like cookie scents

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Hmmmm.....I think after Valentine's Day I am candied out, otherwise jellybeans

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I do not spin, yet, I do all crafts

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like Celtic alternative music, folk music, my computer can play MP3s

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I am not a pink person, I love greens, purples

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I live with my terrific husband, two sons

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes and yes

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lately socks, although I loved doing the tote and I am an Aran knit maniac, of colorstranding is also a passion

13. What are you knitting right now?
There isn't enough room here to list everything, look at all those KALs

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I believe so, I haven't often as I am the maker generally

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I really like cirs, dpns, metal then bamboo

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes and yes, this week DH presented me with them for birthday

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I believe it would be 5.5 years...I started a pansy afghan on our honeymoon and want to finish it before our next anniversary

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentines, hearts, purple

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Hmmmm....so much...antique English bikes, depression glass, KALs lol

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe to any, I like the thrill of the bookstore purchase...I have received most of the books I was craving DS and DSGF bought me the Untangling Cables for bday

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Knitting socks on circulars, I have the books, the circulars if someone could give me the block of free time, LOL

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES....I am a 6.5-7 sometimes a 7.5



23. When is your birthday?
February 16....just passed

No comments: