Monday, March 10, 2008

Belated Birthday Gifts to Me

OK, I have lusted after this pattern for a few years now

and decided since this was a BIG birthday year I would treat myself. There are 58 skeins of yarn involved here.
The seller substituted for the no longer available Rowan's and I think did a wonderful job matching colors!! Isn't that just a glorious coat? I cannot wait to make it...I may have to allow myself to knit on it one day a week. I want to wear it now, of course when it is done it will be too heavy but there is always the fall....

Also, why have you all been keeping this yarn a secret from me? I still had a credit in my Loopy Ewe account and wanted to pick up something secret and saw this.

When did Trekking start doing this? Why have I been in the dark about it?Trekking Hand Art in Tundra and Feuerland
AND also from LE some BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL Regia silk in natural...can't you just see an aran pattern worked up in that? I can, I won't do it but I can see it, LOL!!!

OK, I am sure you noticing I am avoiding the inevitable. I have painted the last bit of woodwork around the door frames in the kitchen and built Oliver's crate. I have blogged twice and played with yarn, made the bed, put away dishes and now must run to the old place for another load of things, including clothing to wear to the wake. My DH's uncle was only 3 years older than me, he used to take care of my DH when he was a boy. I am 9 years older than DH. I think it hit him a little harder as his DU was so young. DH has been asked to be a pall bearer..he will now help carry the uncle who carried him. DH is a very big mush pot....it is very endearing so I believe if I analyze myself I would find I am grabbing a few moments of carefreeness before I must become quite serious. I must run, get DS2 as both boys will make an appearance at the wake. They are great guys, DH is their step father, though you will never ever hear the term used....they are concerned about him and will support him any way they can. Have a terrific day folks, I imagine at the end of the evening I will be looking for a distraction and will return here to you knuts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss, Cheryl. Hope you family is okay.

I wanted to let you know your mitten package is in the mail as of Friday, but I forgot to include my letter to you. You should get it today or tomorrow, I'll send you an email with my identity tonight!

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- (OMG I got your name right)
that's quite the ambitious project- looks like your knitting Opus.

So sorry about your loss- take care.

vegasangelbrat said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! Thoughts & Prayers go out to you all.

Beautiful coat and alll that yarn!!! Nice distraction!! You will have your hands full :)
Love ya!!
Mary

kasiaiscarly said...

holy. crap.

that would take me FOREVER to knit!