Saturday, October 20, 2007

Quick Post Not Knitting

I have been in my field for 31 years, I have received credit for 30 years of employment as I worked while in training. Every November the country celebrates Radiologic technologist Week, I am an RT but also a CT tech. The past few years my hospital has presented us with gifts of an umbrella, rain jacket, fleece jacket, backpack, tote, towel, camping chair...all items, in the event I lost my job, would set me up nicely for life on the street(kidding, nothing ill intended)...The hospital honors long term employees every October with a lovely dinner,for working 20 and 25 years I received from the hospital engraved clocks, passing of time perhaps? I was wrong, the clocks were to indicate that time was closing in. For working 30 years a received a lovely pewter engraved urn...my final resting place



7 comments:

Ursula said...

Priceless! I wonder if they realize what the entire cache of gifts actually infers?!

Congrats on 30!

Cheryl said...

ummm did I mention ...the box says it is an ice bucket...but I am convinced it is an urn....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 30 years in the field - that is an accomplishment - the ice bucket/ urn is an odd momento:) Be proud!

HS pal

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- The Health Care field has to be the most under-appreciated profession in the world.
Where would we be without you guys? And you end up with an ice-bucket?

Dorothy said...

Oh my goodness - I am laughing so hard right now that tears are coming!

vegasangelbrat said...

Congrats on your ice bucket/urn...lol that long in your field is a great accomplishment :)

My Little Room In The Corner said...

I hope you realize just how expensive a good urn can be! Congrats on the 30 year mark. You worked hard and deserve that urn! At least it wasn't a cookie jar!