Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sunny Springy Sunday

Hmmmm...wonder if that is why it is called SUNday? OK let's see...well the cardigan is finished and as cute as the buttons upon it...
The pattern is a Ravelry download(pay) and is called "A Cardigan for Merry" It has the most delightful reversible cable border on it. It is a child version of the Arwen sweater. I loved making it. I used Lionbrand Microspun, a sportweight washable oh-so-soft yarn. the pattern asks for toggle buttons but seeing as I really couldn't find any I liked and the Mom of the the little girl I made it for loves butterflies....

A little tip from me to you: Since I put on a flat button I sewed a shirt button between the butterfly and the sweater for added height so the loop would sit correctly around the button.

These are the cat mittens I am making for my pal in the No More Humdrum Mittens Swap 4. I love this swap a lot. Deb does such a good job keeping us all the straight and narrow. Deb has started designing socks as of late. Do take a moment and check out her patterns. I am using Louet gem fingering weight. I initially planned a Lorna's Laces pinky yarn for the background but it was swallowing up the design so redid it in blue and black and am quite happy with the results.
Have you seen this magazine? Yes it does say Debbie Bliss. I, and others have had some problems with her yarn, splitty, knotty, broken, etc. but I do so love her yarn and patterns. Long long ago in a galaxy far away..oh wait...long ago when DS2 was born, actually even a short time before that when I didn't know he would be DS2, I made a jumpsuity outfit from a DB pattern, just the cutest...I have recently come across that pic and must scan it into the computer.




I have gone off the wagon...eleven weeks of no yarn purchases for self and I broke...yep...I finally, FINALLY caught a Wollmeise update, woot!!! I can't wait for the new navy yarn from Claudia. Lordy what fun that was to be in on the rolling update. it was a search and destroy mission. But I got some that I wanted so I am a happy camper. Unfortunately while waiting and stalking the other WMers turned me on to two other sites and I bought some of their yarn as well. OK fingers start knitting....
I found this yarn at Joann's...it is Merino superwash if I remember and under 5 dollars a ball!!! I love the colors and can't wait to see how it stripes up!
This was a birthday gift from my good friend, Michelle. It is rayon and has a metallic thread running through that is copper!!! COPPER FPS!!! I love it and will make a beautiful shawl from it!!
This is the yarn from my latest Chameleon Colorworks Foot Club...it is the bambino blend which is incredibly soft!
I am expecting the third installment of the Wollmeise sock club and the first of the third round of the Loopy Ewe sock club. WOW, what a great week this will be!!!!
ETA: This is the Sock Club shipment from the Loopy Ewe , what wonderful goodies Sheri always includes. Look at the carabiner with needle gauge and tape measure/pen! So cute and useful!!
I am also casting on for this shawl, Madli. Dear Bev asked if wanted to join her and Helen(both mermaiders)in an impromptu KAL...the date was March 1 but I have been to busy and am ready to go now.


I have loved this jacket since first seeing it a year or so ago at Kpixie ...today I got an email it was 40% off, another savings code and nearly 50% off!! I got it in the black colorway...it doesn't say if I need buttons or they come with but either way!!
Funny thing, Kpixie is in the same town as me but no storefront,however it means very quick shipping!!




We closed on our refinance of the house and did quite well so have started the projects going again. Soon it will be warm enough to finish painting the house, then the porch, the barn(but first install a new garage door and a new window in place of the hayloft door). Also the plans are drawn up for the deck and once we check into permits that will be a go. it will be a rather large deck, possibly as large as 22' x 24'. We have purchased a screened gazebo to set upon it at one corner and some Victorian looking resin wicker furniture. We thought about the standard table and chairs but will get much more use out of the sitting arrangement. Of course the dogs will have outside beds.
Ahh the dogs...so darn cute. Poor Phineas has come to need a diet, he is 5-10 pounds overweight and has been definitely diagnosed with lameness. I knew it from day one. SO he is on a lower calorie food and we are trying to get him an extra walk or three a week. He seems to already have slimmed down a bit. I will take him in for xrays in a few weeks and see how bad things are. Luckily for him, this is what I and DH do, radiology, so we will look at the images and not be talked into something we don't feel is necessary. Of course we do love his vets so...but he has been taking glucosamine and his food has some in it. He seems springier than before and has managed a few jumps onto the bed. Great yes, but not good for his hips so we almost have to discourage the jumping. Poor little guy. I heard dome whimpering a week ago and tracked it down to the kitchen. there sat my little guy with his paw on his bowl and his head on his paw whimpering for food. Saddest thing I ever saw. Yes I did give him something. he is a puppy...and he has me wrapped around his finger...and he is a puppy... They both got hoodies today, LOL. I have to reorder as they are a tiny bit small. But this is the boys modelling them. Phineas looks striking in his brown and green seems to be Oliver's color!!
The pups also got some new stuffed rabbits. What fun they are having! The rabbits seem to land on their feet when tossed around, most of the time. It is well worth the money spent on them for the entertainment factor alone.
We have a new 52" HDTV...lordy...the people on the screen have larger heads than mine, it is freaky. The boys are enjoying it for video games and I am sure I will like it for exercising once I get used to it. We have a new tv stand coming which is very period appropriate for the house.


My DM, Hi Mom! was to come for a visit this past week but we got hit with another storm and the visit had to be postponed. I love the winter, love the snow, love the gloom and darkness but enough is enough. I want to paint and plant some around the house and ride my bike. Enough!
ETA: As I writing this(Monday) it hs started to snow yet again!!! Perhaps 6-8" is the latest guesstimate.
In January I was fortunate enough to get the Zuma bag from Namaste in eggplant. Sheri has them at the Loopy Ewe. This is the Buddy that goes with it to hold notions. The inside cover is magnetic to keep your needles in place. It is a worthwhile purchase!!
I was given this yesterday as a somewhat belated birthday gift from DH...can you see what it is? I am sure it will get some use very soon.
OK I think that is enough for you all to digest for the moment. If the sock club shipments are here in the next day or two will add pics.
I will add links and more pics later tonight (Monday)


Take good care and tell your children how special they are.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- I gave up on Wollmeise- too much angst.

Lots of nice loot. Pretty soon you will need that newly painted barn for stash storage.