Wednesday, January 02, 2008

No More Humdrum Mittens-Part 2

I loved making the mittens for part 1 of the swap. My Pal seemed to like them , I am still waiting for the mittens knit for me, there is still plenty of winter left though. This is the questionnaire for Part 2

Questionnaire
Please post this questionnaire with your answers on your blog no later than January 12th!
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I have been knitting for nearly 40 years! WOW! Learned as a child, forcibly it seemed, from an aunt who insisted on giving me a knitting kit EVERY Christmas. The kit came with minimal yarn though so not much could be made. I didn't knit for a few years again until I was more a teenager, then a lot as I dated and even more so as I had children.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Oh definitely advanced....sometimes more so than I would like to admit but then DH will remind me.
What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike?
I am in a deep jewel tone mood, I don't care for pastels as the primary color, but as an accent they are fine.
Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns?
Yes indeedy, I could never choose just one though.
Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child?What is the measurement from your wrist to the tip of your longest finger?What is the circumference of your hand at it's widest point?
I think this time out I will say the terrific GF of DS1, she is a petite little thing, xs petite actually. Cute as button. We just gave her a new winter coat that is deep coral. I am guesstimating her hand size to be a tad smaller than mine, which is small so I will say from wrist crease to tip of middle finger 7.25" and circumference at widest point 7".
What other things do you enjoy knitting?
Everything, Fair Isle, Arans, socks, lace, anything
What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
I am really loving KnitPicks Harmony dpns
What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
Noni's Pig Bag
What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?
Any of the Socks that Rock Yarn, I don't know why I never order it.
What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook?
Crafts, sewing, skiing, cycling, running.
Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
Eiffel Towers and Mr. Potato Heads
What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty?
I will pass on goodies, thanks
Anything you hate or are allergic to?
Do you have any kids? Pets?
I have two wonderful sons, 23 and 18. We are planning on getting two puppies in the spring as we have just purchased our first home.
What is your favorite part of Winter?What is your least favorite part of Winter?
EVERYTHING!!! My least favorite part of winter is spring...

No comments: