Sunday, July 08, 2007

SOCKITTOME SOCK SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE

I am going to change up my answers a bit from the norm....color choice, etc....
What are your foot measurements? (Please give shoe size, length and circumference.)
I wear a size 6 1/2-7 1/2 American sizing. 9 1/2 " long 8 1/2" around instep
How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.)
Let's see, approximately 40 years, there were starts amd stops but the last 5 years has been nonstop. I am definitely advanced. I have done some professional store knitting, sample knitting, etc.
What is your favorite color? Your least favorite color?

Always green and purple, but for this swap I would adore something burgundy, red or blue, sapphire blue. Least favorite is pastels, I don't hate them just not my favs but in socks evrything is great.
Do you have a favorite fiber? What type?

I have really enjoyed the feel of knitting with bamboo yarns, I Love Noro Silk garden, tons of Etsy dealer yarns.
Do you have any allergies to certain fibers?

Not a one
Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? (If so, provide the link.)
What techniques, if any, would you like to learn?

I think knitting socks on circs, but I adore dpn knitting so haven't learned yet
Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks?

Unfortunately yes.....I have just started a serious diet so no sweets please. I love teas, fruity, floral.
What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.)

One DH, 2 magnificent DSs,one precious GF of DS1 and soon GF of DN will be living with us. Ages 23,22,18,17 and DH and me.
Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood?

Both, I adore KnitPicks dpns, mad about retro plastic needles, love bamboo
Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit?

Aran sweaters, felted bags, Dale sweaters
Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try?

I love Cookie A patterns, have a few, Noni bags, just received one in a swap, gorgeous..entrelac knitting
Do you like to read? What are you reading currently?

Beside me right now is "Lord of the Rings" 50th anniversary edition, "Son of a Witch","A Year with John Paul 2" to name a few
Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.)

No
What kind of music do you listen to?

Elvis Costello, Bare Naked Ladies, Celtic music,
Is there anything you collect?

Glassware, dishes, Fenton, Eiffel Towers, mr Potato head
What are your hobbies, aside from knitting?

Travel, Photography, skiing, biking
Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs?

Too many but many are winding up
Do you have a favorite scent?

Cookie smells, fruity smells
When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL

February 16

No comments: