Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weekly Update and The Trust of Your Children

Hmmmmmmmmm...what does THAT mean? Well it has been a frustrating knitting week, so many WIPS to be worked on all at once. I have added a few KALs over there >>>>> and think I need a 12 step program....while much progress has been made on many items, if t all the effort was concentrated into fewer things more would be done. however, they all get finished at once this way.
DALE FOX is nearly caught up from the airport incident..there is still a few days before the neck shaping starts. My knitting spirit was joined by a wandering spirit this week and my left hand decided it would like to take part. Literally, I dozed with knitting in hand and when I awoke I was two handed stranding. I have spent a cumulative total of months I am sure untwisting yarn over the years. For those who do not two hand strand and opt out of bobbins you know what I mean...Sometimes I can get a very speedy rythm going and finish a round with an amazing speed, but after so many years of only single hand stranding it is a tiny bit slower. I have gained time not stopping and untwisting so more rounds get done. I love this sweater and am very pleased with the KP Telemark, other than some color decrepancies, I am just hoping it will steek as well as DALE yarn. I am trying to narrow down the sweater choices for older DS for his pick of Dales....
ELIZ 1 is still prodding along, she is so pretty but still needing of sleeves and more than half of the front. Gorgeous pattern and yarn.
I have decided to post pics when things are done, ie DALE body, Eliz front and back, etc
HIDCOTE is going to be my nemesis, I will not be undone though. It is needed for late September(Iam gooing to gift Mom with it) and I am confident it will be done.
CIVIL WAR SHAWL will have the 45 rows done prior to Sat as is the first assignment. I am in total love with this piece. I adore the yarn and could be a smidge happier with the color but waht can you do? This will have progress pics after each completed assignment.
SOCKS..we have perhaps 5 pairs of socks OTN.....I am sock overwhelmed.
If you check out the KALs>>>>>I can tell you each one has a project that is worked on for at least 1-2 hours a week. some get more time as time allows.
I did add to my FO 2007 list and you click and see for yourself.
OK, now I am tired...but will finish this.
I received the rest of the Kilcarra, lovely...the sweater I wanted to do from the APPLE color is the SALINA>>>but I am 2 balls short so my options are to go with my Rowan felted tweed as asked for in instructions or chance that I shall eventually find 2 more balls, I am sure I will in June but.....I really like the style of the sweater so may make the rowan and then chance finding the 2 balls in Ireland, LOL.
My new love is felting. I have a hat that was knitted 3 years ago and has been waiting to be felted and a pair of slippers from last year. Those along with the tote for my other exchange will be done within 10 days and able to post as FO....I have a goal to make before next February 16 after all.

So what does the title mean?
Younger DS, who is a true lover of life, came home from school and tossed his Ski and Snowboard Club hooded sweatshirt at me and exclaimed LOOK! He has an unusual name and never finds anything with it on it and the SS had his name embroidered on the sleeve. NOW comes the trust...I would like it so much better if it were a full zip, you can do that right? WELL of course I can, I have costumed local play productions, made 6-8 wedding gowns, had been offered a job in a bridal shop when I was 16 or so, made the boys suits and things growing up, blah blah....He was wise enough to say no rush, LOL. Of course I am off for three days and will get the zip put in so he can show it off to those who won't have a full zip, LOL. While the boys have been raised that costumes should be homemade and sequined and there isn't anything that can't be made from socks to houses, they still are sometimes in wonder that these things can be done...so sometime this week along with all the knitting, cleaning, working, exercising, bill paying, reading and living, there will be some time spent "steeking" a sweatshirt and turning it into a full zip hoodie....

Appropriate pics to follow, just tired now.
Thanks again to Carol and Katie for the wonderful packs o goodies they sent me. I am still thrilled to think people are picking out things for me...


No comments: