Monday, January 29, 2007

Colorswap Questionnaire

Color Swap Survey
In order to help your partner learn more about you, please post this survey and your answers to your blog:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
After more than 40 years of knitting I have become somewhat of a snob. I do use Lionbrand Woolease and a few others if they are a blend and recommend RedHeart to people I teach to knit and crochet for their scarves and afghans.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin, seems interesting but I just don't have that kind of time currently, maybe later....I crochet alot, not as much as knitting but I do crochet.
3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I would have to honestly say I do everything, but spin or weave, I haven't tatted in many years, though.
4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Lately I seem to be loving Rowan and Noro
5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I can't think of any
6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
That is not easy to answer,....perhaps socks, since I am doing so many...perhaps Dale of Norway
7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love anything with cables, Aran knitting, color stranding
8. What are you knitting right now?
This is an embarrassingly long list......Eliz 1 from Tudor Roses,Wicked from the Sexy Knitters,Foxie from Dale of Norway,2 pairs of Fetching Mitts,Lliam from WendyKnits,Hidcote Shawl,Bejeweled Scarf,Hat designed by DH,Nantucket Jacket,Mermaid by Hanne,socks,socks,Hats and Mitts from We call them pirates and maybe a dozen other WIPs and the things that go along with all those KALs
9. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes as of late
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate?
I am not a pastel person, I love earth tones and deep jewel tones...I love willowy greens, purples
11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do but I don't remember right now....
12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am not allergic to but truly can't tolerate smoke
13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions?
No
14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I have recently discovered I like cookie scents, vanilla, gingerbread,,,etc
15. Do you burn candles?
Not often
16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth?
I would say yes absolutley...
17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa?
Yes, yes and rarely but yes
18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have just celebrated my fifth anniversary of being married to a wonderful man, we have two sons, the older is 22 and finishing his Masters(yes he skipped a few grades) and the younger is newly 17 and finishing HS(yes he started early).They are the coolest people I know. My 22 year old has blessed us for the past 2 years with a GF who is adorable...he allows us to be part of their relationship and it is an honor. The three"children" spend many hours laughing together and what could be better than that? Son has some fish
19. What are some of your favorite things?
Hot cermic mugs of coffee that warm your hands, my sons' dimples, my DH forearms...ok ok,I collect Eiffel Towers, we were engaged there, Disney World(been more than 20 times),interesting lug work on bike frames, odd pens,
20. Is there anything that you collect?
OOps seemed to have answered some of that already, also old english Bikes, Raleighs
21. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentines's Day, I love the reds and purples, I love the heart shape and I love love...
22. What is your birthday? (You don't have to tell the year)
February 16
Labels:

No comments: