Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Friday!!

Why you may ask?
I have filed my taxes...woohoo!!! Now to do my sons and it is set for another year.
I work tonight and tomorrow and then am on vacation, and I don't have one single work shift scheduled anywhere during those 11.5 days off. I will be packing, knitting and accomplishing house things...and having my birthday. Oh it is a biggie...the AARP has already sent me a membership card...hey it is still 8 days away!!

I have this FO to show off, it is from Knitty, the Foliage hat pattern. I made this for a Valentine Day swap on Ravelry. Mission Falls Wool...from stash..woohoo..I have sent off my package and have one sitting in my dining room to be opened on VDay...ohh...did I mention that is me favorite holiday?

Here is some progress on Jay....not too bad considered knitting time is a rare commodity....

I am in the second round of the Humdrum Mitten Swap and these are the mittens I am making, Daina..free pattern..KP palette yarn, which is amazingly soft to use. I really like the pattern and it is another I will knit again.
Yarn, yes yarn from the Loopy Ewe...
This is the pattern book for the Street Smart Cardy everyone is making, it is getting difficult to get so when I ordered it I ordered two. There is a lovely new enthusiastic knitter at work. I gave her a copy....it made my day. She is adorable, does amazing work and is a true assest to our craft. Check her out on ravelry, NeedleD1...

This is the view from the kitchen today..SNOW...woohoo..love SNOW>>

This is the kitchen update, the paint is olive suede, DH is stripping the two door frames in the room to the original wood, but it wood be too difficult to do all the woodwork...but the paint and wood against the wallpaper and tin ceiling look amazing.

This is a little piece of antiquity I picked up to go with the amber glass knobs we are putting on the cabinets....heehee


And this is the site of a young man 6 weeks post op having just got permission from his mother to have a little fun....the trampoline was left by the prior owner and yes we will be keeping it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sock Pal here ...

Your house looks amazing! I love the wall color and the ceiling!!

Hooray for VACATION!!! There is nothing like having over a week off and not having to even think about work!!

Rebecca said...

I hope you have a very enjoyable vacation - you deserve one. And it will be very nice to get some things done around the new house!

Someone just contacted me asking where I got my MHC pattern book but I can't remember who it was now. She is probably not the only one looking for one though! How kind of you to order two.

VeganCraftastic said...

I love that glass peanut guy, so awesome!

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- The house is really coming along- the peanut guy is great.

Have a great vacation- why don't you check out the trampoline with DS?

Kitten_lion said...

the tin ceiling is fab! and so is the hat, your knitting partner loves it and is wearing it right now!

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Enjoy your vacation. Make plenty of time for knitting. Make plenty of time for nesting. Make plenty of time to enjoy your birthday. Make plenty of time to enjoy your home and the fabulous progress being made on it!