Monday, November 12, 2007

Mittens, Mail and Mermaid Mania Monday 2

I received my PRGE 2 final package from Carly . You may recall the lovely guacamole themed first box. This package was just as lovely. There is a bottle o wine minus the wine as you can't ship it, LOL! But Carly recommends it to go with Mexican food. The bottle however is covered in a fantastic knitted wine bottle cozy. How cool is that? There is attached some stitch markers from one of my fav ETSY dealers, Sunne . I frequent her shop often. The stitch markers are exquisite! There is also a hearts and bones bandana which will be put to very good use if a transaction I am in the midst of goes through(no reveal,,no jinx),some glitter skull tatoos and punk nail polish. Also sweet Carly included some Jamieson's jumper weight wool in a lovely maroony color(I so want to make a Mermaid with this being one of the colors!!!) ans some very interestingNew Zealand boucle-ish wool yarn in a plum color! The colors of both yarns are beautiful!!!!Thank you so much Carly!!


Also received my box from Robin for the FFBE ....Robin happened to also be my partner for the Hogwarts Sock Swap 2 and sent me gorgeous socks and spoiling items. This bag box was no different. Just look at this fantastic tote, it is lined with pockets and has a wonderful drawstring handle. The colors are perfectly me, it is huge!! I do believe this will be my Mermaid tote. Robin also sent along some Cascade 220 in green and patterns for LynnH watercolor bags...they are made from Cascade 220 and Noro Kureyon(I have sooo much of that, heehee). Also there is a bar of wonderful smelling handmade soap and a car freshener which is lavender scented. Wonderful....again I am so spoilt!!! Thank you Robin and feel better. Stop by Robin's blog and wish her well. SHe has not been feeling well and her DH is in Iraq working....

My Tiffany mitten for the Mitten Swap is moving along. This is the progress on number two and the private side of number one. I am mad for this mittens. The pattern is so well executed,look at the thumb pattern!!


Mermaid is an extremely easy knit....I had signed up for the KAL some time ago and never started due to other WIPs but kept up witht the reading of the KAL...it was gettting somewhat intimidating with the spreadsheet offering and the references to the difficulty. I think I worried for naught. SO far, there is a line or two that transaltion from the native language has confused but other than that. I haven't worked on it for a few days but this is where I am...

All the Mermaid maniacs have chosen such beautiful colors....we will be quite the atrractive school of fish.


I believe the only new yarn has been for a leaf scarf for the CHristmas swap

My Harvest swap sock is in the car so can't post a pic, but it is the Vog on again and I have turned the heel....I am hoping to mail out the end of the week.
sorry for the delay in posting, camera was unavailable, financial dealings going on, college inquiries for others being made.....

3 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

yay! i'm glad you liked it. . . i hope you can find the wine in Mass. . . it's really yummy! i've had a really fun time this exchange!

sunneshine said...

I LOVE the mittens - such beautiful Fair Isle!! And mermaid is turning out to be stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Those Tiffany mittens are gorgeous!