Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Round round Baby, round round

No knitting pics, or pics of any kind today, but there will be tomorrow or day after   Pinky swear

I have decided to cut down stash by likely more than 50%  I am too intrigued with new yarns and patterns to remain true to what was going to be.  I have a very small craft group on FB, please feel free to join us at The World of Creative Folk   I am just starting to post my stash to be given away on Fridays.  All I ask is for the funds to ship.  It can get quite costly, lol.

This past Friday I posted sock yarn, primarily Lorna Laces.  I was very excited when only 5 of 26, I believe, skeins were unclaimed.  4 of those 5 I may knit into socks.  Not sure .  My plan was to start a bag of unclaimed to donate to a nursing home.

The last time I sorted and documented my stash I had 2700 skeins.  It has increased from there as I sample knit for WEBS and get a gift card for my efforts.  I know, what can I do but turn around and buy yarn, right?  My new strategy is a loom, a new swift, new winder...not sure.   I enjoy the sample knitting as I am a process knitter.  I like the activity and process of creating, using yarns I may not have and knitting something I may not have.  Then I send it back to them and dont have to put it in the collection of now what do I do with you?

We are still on Pandemic guidelines here, I know it is getting to many folk.  I miss my family, terribly, but am grateful for adventures with DH.

I need to go and sew.  Finishing up a group of masks and I want to make a jacket this weekend and maybe finish some overdue drapes.  Also, I have at least 8 skeins of yarn needing winding immediately.  I will show more tomorrow or the nest day.

Stay safe

Peace

No comments: