Saturday, April 18, 2020

If Coffee is wrong....

Good Morning!  It is April 18 and I am sitting looking out the window at snow.  By the time it comes to an end, it will have snowed for 12 hours.  They predict it will do nothing for an hour then the rain will start.  I have to get out and walk in the hour and am perplexed as to footwear choice, lol.  Compared to what the world is in the midst of, doesn;t that seem like a silly concern?

I will backtrack, over the next few posts, finished projects from this year, at least.  I do need to figure out this posting pictures....wish me luck.

One of my favorite yarns to use is Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool  The skeins are huge and I adore the natural colors.  They do also offer it in fashion colors, but for this post we rave bour rhis subset.  The yarn winds into a silly oversize cake and you must be mindful when winding as it is larger than the surface of the winder.  Just go slowly at the end and it works out fine.  Before winding, the hanks feel a bit scratchy, but as you knit and the yarn passes through your hans it breaks down a bit and becomes oh so cozy.    I am using the colorway coffe and am making this cardigan Alford Cardigan for DH.  I have chosen the color Coffee.  The pattern is interesting, in that, it is worked all in one, meaning the fronts and backs are done at the same time.  Right now, eacj row containing 344 sts is making the rows neverending, but I do so appreciate not having to seam and having the sweater exxentially done when it is done.  The pattern of the most complex cable is 24 rows long
The two other patterns are 8 rows long so three repeats per this one.  I love cables and Aran patterns and am quite skilled at reading the knit sts and knowing which way the nexy cable should progress.  I see from that picture this is going to be quite difficult to get accurate color pictures.  DH is very tall, so I am doing a few things to sneak in more length.  In the end it will likely amount to adding an extra repeat of this pattern.  I did almost double the ribbing length and have redone the distance of the buttonhole spacing.  

What else is OTN(on the needles)? Oh my, I have always had many more WIPs(works in progress) than anyone should have.  I admit it.  But I have a very large stash(which I am thinning out and weill be gifting some of the yarn to a group I am in) and do sample knitting for WEBS and get "paid" in store credit so yuo know, you have to use it, right?  I just recently got a box of 40 items, some was new DPNs (double point needles) but a lot was not.  We will save that for perhaps the next post. I am crocheting some snowflakes and working on another sweater for DH and, and, and

I feel this is a great beginning, restart  Thanks for stopping by and reading.  I will leave you with more pictures of this glorious cardigan OTN(you remember what that means, right?)

No comments: