Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Green Eye Pixie

4 years ago today, my beatiful Mom passed, rather unexpectedly.  She passed in the hospital, with most of her children nearby in the waiting room, a few in the room.  I am blessed as I was with her for quite some time the previous night with a few siblings.  As we kept watch through the evening and into the night, she entertained us with jokes, and spoke often to our, Dad in heaven. 

Being a medical person, I could surmise what was going on with her and marvelled at her strength.  She did receive some medication, but the degree of discomfort had to be unbearable.  She was a grand lady who did not want to be seen without her wig, so when she exclaimed she was quite hot and took it off, it was a surprise.  We had to swear to not let the nurses take her wig away and put it back on before there were more visitors.  My Mom had the greenest eyes, most of us have blue eyes and over the years she didnt care for her grey hair so started wearing the wigs.  When the wig came off, there she was in all her beauty.  She had been cutting her own hair, and the being before us was this beautiful silver hair, green eyed pixie.  Stunning.  We werent allowed to take a picture, which I regret, but you don't go against your mother.

Mom wanted to come back as a butterfly and shortly after her passing, a butterfly landed on me.  I knew it was her letting me know she was ok.  I get my love of jewelry and bling from her and have a butterfly necklace I don't take off very often.  Today, four years later, the tears still pour freely down my face.  The only solitude I have is knowing she and Dad are safe from this horrible virus plaguing the world and our lives.  Mom lived her final days in a lovely assisted living apartment type place.  I know, one of us would
have snatched her up in the early days to stay with family.  I also know my beautiful geen eye, silver hair pixie would have put bling on her mask,

Till I see you and Dad again..I love you, old lady.


No comments: