Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So Soon

I didn't add all the pics to the previous post so thought why not just do another? It has been a whirlwind week as usual. The Loopy Ewe had three Wollmeise updates this week. I managed to get one skein and missed the other two updates by minutes. Poor Sheri had her hands full with this round of updates. The yarn is gorgeous, deep, dark, intense,much like Claudia herself :) and I love it. I have been lucky enough to score some from Claudia's shop updates and not so lucky with LE's. BUT, I am always so happy for both ladies that they have continued success. I did managed a spot in the lottery and am in the FIRST EVER WOLLMEISE SOCK CLUB!!!!! Yes indeedy!! That just makes me smile!! A lot!! SO while there are a few colors I still want, I am sure within the next 6 months I will have them. Some folks get so intense about it all though. Some people are very lucky and score as many as 14 skeins at one time, others have 2 and put one back so others might have a chance. It is an interesting phenomenon. It is just yarn. Those that are lucky get such terrible acknowledgement from a few that get little or none and then the whole update process goes into critiquing. It is just yarn. OK enough said. I still say it was my good fortune to meet both of these wonderfully classy, kind ladies at the Spring Fling in April and feel badly that there kindness brings out such hostility in some.

DS2 returns to classes next week and I will miss him. DS1 is gone everyday for work,I am still not used to the amount of time I do not see him, even as I write this he has been out since 7am and it is nearing midnight. He is all grown up, sigh, and DS2 is in his 2nd year at college. He has opted to live at home since we are now so close to campus, yet the puppies and I will feel his absence. I laugh because earlier he just stepped out to his truck for 30 seconds and they greet him at the door as though he has been gone a week. The puppies are entertaining and steal much of my time. Oliver's eyes are better and he is 8 months old tomorrow, Phineas, who has been here for three weeks(came to us under 20 pounds)is now 32. Checking back Oliver was 32 at 4 months and Phineas still has a week til his 4 month birthday. That boy is definitely going to be a big guy, not as big as Oliver but the lab in him is showing.

We had a Thanksgiving dinner last night. I was feeling thankful and we are always so busy at Thanksgiving as I work it. We grilled the turkey and I made 4 extra turkey tenderloins because for some reason I did not believe a 12 pound turkey was enough.(Iam one of 11 children and just could never learn to cook small). I made a blueberry pie and an apple pie. DS1GF brought vanilla ice cream from the dairy where she works. There was sweet potato, mashed potato, rolls, green beans, corn and stuffing. All in all a very nice meal.
Nicer still, I enacted a rule a while back that those who cook do not have to clean, so off I went as the kitchen was tidied and the pies warmed for dessert during America's Got Talent. Very nice. We don't really have time together unless on vacation so it was very cozy.

Missing pics from last week:
2nd Anniversary Kit from the Loopy Ewe
Wollmeise added to stash recently Baby sweater and booties needing blocking and buttons. I did get buttons but I think they are too rough for a baby sweater.
Yarn being used for secret test knitting, a pattern I am enjoying a lot and will be glad to show when allowed as it it purty. AND I am doing two socks on two circs again!!

I have a hectic work schedule through Monday and then it is fall. I love fall, we got married in the fall. November will be 7 years. Somewhere I have pics stored and will find them and add one, if not now surely for the anniversary. I love the fall, We had leaves on our cake and on my gown. I made my gown and hand beaded the many many leaves on it. DH beaded one and asked that it be the one appliqued right over my heart. awwww.....I also made his kilt hose, I think they were my second pair of socks ever and he is a big guy.

So that is it for now. Happy Labor Day, be safe, hug your family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Puppies!! Yarn!!!
{heart} {heart}

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- What a terrific idea to have Thanksgiving now-

This will be your first Autumn in the house!