Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy and Safe Fourth to One and All


OK knitting updates, first I guess the way to start would be to post all my yarn acquisitions since my last big post. You can see several Dream in Colors there, Malabrigo, Noro, Cascade Ecological Wool ,Chameleon Colorworks, NummaNumma,Trekking Hand Arts,Rio de la Plata,Kraemer Sterling Silk and Fanny's Fingering.

Some of these, A LOT of these, were purchased from Loopy Ewe A few from swaps and the very lovely Sterling and Black yarn was a gift fromNeedleD1who purchased it at Patternworks Michelle is a great young knitter, newlywed, terrific knitter with already very high end taste in yarns. She is the next generation and it makes me happy to know she is part of it. I have also acquired quite a few patterns, again mostly from Loopy Ewe



  • I will be making one of the Bee Patterns from DIC Baby,

    as Sheri from the Loopy Ewe is having another DIC KAL, this one using Baby. I am still working on Rogue, hopefully as you can see from the above post, I have been busy. There are a few more patterns not pictured from Harmiarit,GoatLady, which will make it into this post by it's end. Dear GL discovered she had some duplicates and sent them along to me. Have I mentioned what a terrific interesting lady she is. She turned me on to two socks at once on two circs. Now this came in hand as I made TWO pairs of Monkey socks. I was in Monkey Sock Swap 4 and the first package I sent to my pal Melanie got lost in the mail. I had liked the colorway so much I had purchased two skeins and when the first set was done started a set for me. Worked out well and I can only hope somewhere someone is enjoying hand knit socks with knitting loot. Rebecca has been running the MSS since it's origin. Another terrific lady. Very beautiful blog to read. I received a very terrific package from my spoiler.


  • I, yes me, I managed on TWO occasions recently to be online when Claudia, dear sweet Claudia of Wollmeise posted new stock in her store. I, yes me, I ordered SIX skeins total...WOOT!!!! Now rumor has it Sheri will be getting some this month and I do have a credit on my account and if I happen to be online when the Wollmeise goes up, yes I will still try and obtain at least one skein. Then I will be at peace.

    This is my ATENTI bag from Loopy Ewe, I love it and do imagine purchasing three more in the future.

    Speaking of swaps, I was also in the LoopyEwe 2 Swap on Ravelry . I had the good fortune of being gifted by Meghan, first time lace knitter. WOW, the scarf is the GUST pattern and the yarn is Dream in Color Baby in Nightwatch. It is quite glorious. It took me some time to be comfortable with people knitting me socks, to have someone knit lace for you is lump in your throat time. Meg also sent along a skein of Rio de la PLata, the same skein I had one of and lamented I didn't have another as I want to make a shawl. The colorway is sold out. I was amazed again at the intuition of knitters. Meg picked the exact colorway I needed!!! Also beautiful handcut stationary, sour cherry candies and cherry napkins as she lives in the cherry capitol of the world. She is Mom to two very young people and I so appreciate the time she took to spoil me.



    I got to spoil, Janice, Jarlady, Sheri's very good friend. What a card! Janice is preparing to run a marathon to raise research money for lymphoma. Please do stop by her blog and contribute to such a worthy cause. I knit Eleanor Clark's Shetland triangle forJanice, from Shibui...what a terrific pattern.



    I am planning on doing another from the emerald malbrigo lace yarn.




    I have to stop here and get dressed for a wedding. I will add links and pictures and correct errors later this evening.



    Please be safe.


    I am also knitting up a baby sweater and hat from a Garnstudio pattern. A gentleman I work with and who has admired my knitting for some time, just welcomed his second daughter. I thought, OK NOW I will knit for you, LOL. The yarn is Gramercy from Lily Chin which I bought on sale at WEBS It is a lovely yarn to work with although the sweater is eating the yarn and I am hopeful there is enough.

    OK still updating but must patch a hole in the wall, the LAST wall in the dining room to be papered. the woodwork has already had two coats of paint. Will hopefully finish tomorrow.



  • I also made this beaded purse, pattern and kit from Halcyon Yarns,, but I didn't use the yarn or beads. It comes with a wool yarn which was more off white, I used a micro spun by Lion and glass beads. I actually strung the beaded handles. It was for the bride whose wedding I attended but alas I did not see the purse. It was met with some confusion, when gifted, as to the purpose.

  • No comments: